Visitors


View My Stats

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

First Impressions of the TaLK program

What a treat this experience has been thus far.  On Tuesday, when I arrived at the airport and cleared customs, I immediately found the TaLK booth to check in and wait for the bus.  There I met some of the people who also had just landed and were waiting for the bus to Jochiwon.  The amazing thing about this program is that there are people from all over the world that are extremely friendly.  I can't count how many people I've met in the past day and a half.  John, a northern Irishman, was one of the first people I met waiting for the bus.  He's into running and is a character, so naturally we quickly became good friends.  After heading to the campus, which feels like it was built a few days ago, we received our name tags, room keys and goodie bag full of pertinent information.  While waiting to sign some paper work on our bank account, I met Dan a Colorado kid who's into finance and again quickly became friends.  

I'll highlight some of yesterday's activities:
Incheon Korean War Memorial
Song-do City of Tomorrow roof of exhibit.  I guess all roofs in the future will have grass and most of the gadgets won't work or won't have any practicality.   Cool buildings though.
Seafood Jjang Myeon (Korean Style Chinese Food) in Song-do.  Really Delicious!

Today we're off to Orientation opening in Seoul so that shall be a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment