Visitors


View My Stats

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Next Step

The past couple of weeks I've been dutifully finishing job interviews left and right.  My contract is coming to a close in 삼척 and though I have enjoyed my time here in the TaLK program, it's time for me to move on to a different place.  A new experience awaits.  An extension is not in order.

Samcheok has provided me with a truly unique experience of Korea and has served as a stepping stone to things better in Korea.  However, I'll take my chances in a big city now.

Though starting a new chapter to my life is thrilling, there are a plethora of choices available to me which do become a burden, however a good burden.  I remember reading action novels as a kid, the ones where the character is faced with a dilemma and the reader chooses the outcome of the story by flipping to a specific page, leading to a different outcome.    When faced with the decision to jump down the chute or to run down the hall, I would chose the chute because it seemed cool.  However, I've learned that I should take a more methodical approach to my decision making because I can't turn back the pages of my life if the figurative chute leads to a pit of razor sharp knives.


Too bad I haven't been running.  That is my meditation and thinking time.  Where are those new running shoes????

No comments:

Post a Comment