Visitors


View My Stats

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

16 Days till Korea


Need to Do List

1. Sell Car 

The smiley face says it all.

My car has turned into money!  Yes, I was able to sell my car to the first bidder for exactly what I was hoping to get.  Selling my car had to be the thing that was stressing me out the most because I thought it was going to be a pain selling it for what I wanted in my given time frame.  However, selling this car has been very easy and stress free.  The guy came over in the morning liked what he saw, said he wanted to come back later tonight, he came and signed the papers and gave me the stack of cash.  He'll be over tomorrow night to pick it up with his new plates and the car will be off my hands!  Good riddance Hyundai!  Wait I'll be seeing a million more of these in Korea.

2. Finish Investment Course and Start Retirement Course


I just got finished with the 12th unit on investing in options, which is quite an interesting topic.  Options are quite difficult for me to understand but I somehow did well on my test.  Maybe I do understand the material.  Simply put stock options - calls, puts or shorts - give an investor the option to either buy or sell a stock within a given time period.  Options can get quite risky as they are a short term investment using leverage.  I'll be staying away from these!
Anyway, I need to finish the Investment course and start the Retirement Course before my departure to Korea.  One thing that I am loathing is sending books for my last two courses to Korea.  Shipping will be like 20 bucks per book....not fun.

3. Start Packing


First, I need to get a nice large piece of luggage.  That calls for a trip to Marshalls where luggage is decent and cheap.  Then I'll need to hunker down and organize a list of things that I need to bring with me to Korea.  The TaLK program has a good guide of what to bring in my two pieces of luggage so I'll have to go through that and gather all of my belongings.  Then will I be able to start packing.

By the way, they make us bring two cases of luggage because we are only allowed one for the orientation period.  The TaLK program says that dorm space will be too small to bring both suitcases so they send one to your POE (head honcho) and they'll keep it till you make it to the school.  That means that I'll have to not only pack, but I have to strategically pack.  Using the word strategically makes packing sound more exciting.  Maybe then will I feel like I'm actually leaving.

4. Exchange a few dollars to Won

This isn't necessary but it would be very beneficial.

5. Find out my exact placement


6. Receive Email with Plane Tickets


5 and 6 really go together.  The TaLK program is really last minute and really leave me on the edge of my seat.  They said that I won't know my exact school and placement until at the latest the 20th and won't receive my plane tickets, get this, until the 28th.  That means I will have maybe two days to figure out a trip to NYC, where I'm flying out of.

3 comments:

  1. Well, you can always just go to NYC a day early, hang out there and enjoy the city one last time before you leave. Also, I see in the car picture that my green pillow is still in the back. Did you get it out? I should have taken it with it me. Now I'll be stuck with a bright green blanket but no pillow :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the green pillow and can send it to you if need be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sean, I'm waiting for you now... I think your TaLK program schedule is a little delayed.
    Anyway when you arrive in Korea and set your place, let me know where you are.
    I'm very looking forward to seeing you~~!

    ReplyDelete