Visitors


View My Stats

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Seoul for Chuseok

I've been slacking in the blogging department and shame on me.  Must be that I am getting totally settled and things that seemed like a novelty have started to become normal, though everyday has some new and interesting spice to it.  I'll have to keep updating those types of moments because they are what truely make my stay here fun and enjoyable.

This week is Chuseok or the equivalent to Korean thanksgiving and I have the week off.  Two thumbs up to paid vacation 3 weeks into work!

Now let's get to where I am now.  Currently, I'm sitting in the Samsung Electronics tower on the internet.  To be more specific I'm in the Personal Relations department where a friend of mine, Juhee works.  Here they have an area where people can come and sit and try out all the new gadgets from Samsung.  All I can say is wow.  They have 50" LED 3D TVs that are so life like it's pretty scary.  They have the new Samsung Galaxy S phones that are really nice and are really starting to compete with the Iphone.  The building that I'm in is very ornate.  It easily makes the nicest buildings in the US look shaby.  The floors, walls and pretty much everything else is marble, glass and shiny.  I'm just perusing the internet while I wait for Juhee to get on break and then we'll go out for lunch and then she'll give me a tour of the building.  It's also nice to get my cell phone charged while I wait as well because it becomes a challenge to charge it when I've been staying in the Jimjill bang.

I've decided to come to Seoul alone to meet up with one of my friends who's coming from Boston.  Jeewan will be in tomorrow so I'll be checking out the Gangnam area where I am at now.  I'll probably end up in the Jimjill bang again tonight because it is really cheap, they have a gym, food and everything that I would ever need.  Actually I worked out this morning and it was really refreshing because I thought I wouldn't be able to workout while I'm here.  Also, I'm keeping my costs down because I've been on a shoe-string budget of $150 and won't get paid until Friday this week.  I have my home account I can use but that will be my last resort.

When Jeewan comes we'll be staying in a hotel for a few nights and he said he will be taking me to some of the areas where he grew up and to the nicest restaurants in Seoul.  I'm really looking forward to that.  I'll have pictures when I return back to Samchok.

1 comment:

  1. You spelled "truly" wrong. You also spelled it wrong in the emails you sent me. I thought it was a typo but I keep seeing it pop up as "truely" instead of "truly." Just thought I should let you know, Mr. English Teacher.

    ReplyDelete