Visitors


View My Stats

Monday, June 28, 2010

Gangwon-do in pictures

To keep my mind off things I decided to do some more research on Gangwon-do.  I've heard that Gangwon-do is extremely beautiful but the pictures on google are pretty sparse. Makes sense because google is a US company.  Why not try a Korean search engine?  So I decided to jump over to naver.com to get the real deal pictures.  To those who aren't familiar with naver (pronounced nay-i-bah sorta like neighbor) is the Korean equivalent of google.  There I found a wonderful collection of photos that aren't just sub par but of amazing quality.  Click here for the link to all of the thousands of pics.

PS- Sorry to all the Koreans that I have stolen pictures from without permission.

Anyway....
This one is called 강원도펜션(Gangwon-do Pension).  I've heard of Pension hotels and think they are for couples on getaway trips and this looks like a cottage.  I guess it's one of the many Konglish words found in Korea.  Looks beautiful!

Next...
I'm seriously going to consider getting a bike when I get there!  And the running.... oh my gosh here?  I can't wait.

Next...
I have yet to see terrace farming and cannot wait to see these beautiful rolling hills!

Next...
Glad I won't have a car.

Next...
That is awesome.  Sorta looks like a land version of Halong Bay in Vietnam (pictured below), which I was unable to see when I was in Vietnam.

All these pictures look amazing either because of (1) wonderful nature (2) insanely good camera or a combination of both (probably).  I've considered getting a decent DSLR to capture the beauty of Korea but I guess I'll just make due with the small point and shoot loaner from Kathy.  

32 days and I'll be there.  Check back soon for some of my pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment