Visitors


View My Stats

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Visa

After work I headed to the Korean Consulate, handed over my passport, my contract, and $45. At first the lady behind the desk looked clueless with what I just handed her. I'm sure she does not see too many Americans come into the consulate so I must of caught her off guard. After 5 minutes of looking over my documents she sent me to the table to fill out the visa request form. The lady said to pick it up my passport after 4pm on Friday. That gives me an hour window to pick it up!

Tonight I'm going to hang out with one of the people who got me interested in Korea in the first place, Jee. We go out and eat Korean food all the time and that is what we'll be doing tonight. Our destination will be the somewhat new supermarket called H-Mart in the 'burbs. I've been there a few times with Kathy and we love it. H-Mart is one of the few asian supermarkets that I've been in that is not an eye sore nor has the subtle scents of BO, fish and rotting vegetables. It's a hugely popular Korean supermarket that is clean, smells good and has the best fish and meat selection I've ever seen at a supermarket. They also have a mall style food court with lots of different goodies.

I'll throw some pictures up soon.

1 comment:

  1. H-mart!! I miss going there. Spain sucks in terms of Asian food selection. I did find a Korean restaurant in Madrid though; but there's nothing like that here in Pamplona. There's one Chinese restaurant called Dragon. I plan on going there at some point just to see what Chinese food is like in Europe. Have fun with Jee! I love you!

    ReplyDelete