Visitors


View My Stats

Friday, June 18, 2010

Visa in hand..

Finally, I received my Visa. This has been a journey in itself to receive this tiny piece of paper.

Let me highlight what I had to do to get it:
1. Send online application with photo and essay
2. Get 2 passport photos- go to Costco $10
3. Get 2 transcripts
4. Get 2 letters of recommendation
5. Get Mass Criminal check (2 weeks to receive, the biggest pain in the butt) $25
6. Get Mass Criminal Check notarized at my bank
6. Apostille Mass Criminal check downtown $7
7. Interview at Consulate
8. Wait a month
9. Now wait another month
10. Sign contract
11. Hand contract, visa and photos to consulate $45
12. Finally receive Visa

After months of papers, waiting and $87 later I now have a new shiny sticker in my Visa. I'm sure it will be worth all of the hassle.

Next post will be about kimchi. Many people have been asking me what it is and as it is a part of my title, I'll have to describe it. Many people don't know but if you have a Korean market around you they'll definitely have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment