Visitors


View My Stats

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

10 Days till Korea: Bikes (자전거)

I've been getting into biking here, along with my running, and have been wondering what my biking situation might be like in Korea.  With a little research on www.daum.net I've found that bikes in Korea look like they're not that expensive and look pretty good.

Like this bike...

Not too shabby for 112,000 won, but no I'm not interested in the mickey bike.  This is more like it..
This Alton Icon bike is only 182,000 won ($150) and looks comparable to my parent's mountain bikes that I've been riding which went for about $300 back in the 90's.  That is what I'm talking about.  Bikes seem to range from 50,000 - 1,000,000 won but most are really cheap, or at least where I was looking.  Maybe this bike is comparable to a Huffy found at K-Mart.  I hope not.

I also found on naver.com that you can check extremely detailed bike routes (or any kind of route) in Korea.  Google fails when it comes to mapping Korea and Naver takes the win.


The map pictured above is the bike route that naver spat ate me.  It's only 14.36 km or 9 miles from Samcheok to Donghae.  They even have the price it would be to take a taxi and other modes of transportation!  How sweet is that! This will be fun having a town close to ride to as I'll be able to get a bike ride in and be able to see new things or try some new foods.

Thank god I can read Korean and use the search engines.  Otherwise, I can't see how you could do any real research on Korea with any English search engine.

Next thing on my mind is how will I bring my guitar on the airplane.

No comments:

Post a Comment