Visitors


View My Stats

Saturday, July 3, 2010

4th of July Picnic

The 4th of July weekend is synonymous with picnics and it could not have been a better day for one.  Picnics with my family is one of the things that I truly enjoy about the summer.  Lazing around in a nice park, grilling and mingling with the family definitely equals a good time.  My father is officially making his way over the hill turning 50 later this week so we had a birthday celebration as well.
Star was on her best behavior even with a few dogs within close proximity. The fur ball really enjoyed laying in the grass where it was a good 10 degrees cooler.

Na na na boo boo.  I sticky ze tongue at you. 


After getting the grill to work after several failed lighting attempts, the grill needs some fixing, this was the end product.  The quintessential picnic meal burger, hotdog, macaroni salad and mac and cheese.  My grandmother's macaroni salad is to die for with its balanced sweet and tangy flavors combined with the subtle fresh bursts of vegetables.  I would have to say I do not eat this American often but I do enjoy it when I do.  Years ago, I would eat like this constantly, feel so tired and stuffed but running 8 miles earlier in the day my body needed that many calories.  I felt wonderful afterwards and will definitely need the energy tomorrow for my long run.

1 comment:

  1. Star Star! She's so cute! :D The food looks delicious. Wish I could have had some!

    ReplyDelete