Visitors


View My Stats

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Hmmm What shall I cook in Korea?

I've been pondering what I'll be cooking at my apartment in Korea because I can't be eating out all the time.  Even though eating out in Korea is much cheaper than the states it still should be cheaper to cook at home.  Plus, I'll have a plethora of Korean goodies to cook with and should take the chance to learn how to cook more than one or two Korean dishes.  I also love how Korean markets will have a lot of stuff necessary to cook the Vietnamese food that I have fallen in love with over the past few years, so I'll be cooking up some of that.  So after perusing the Korean internets, yes I believe there are more than one internet because of the different languages, I landed upon a food blog called Mom's 행복 밥상 (very roughly translated to happy food desk).  Oh my are there tons of recipes of Korean dishes most of which I didn't know exist.  There's even recipes for the many banchan dishes that are usually always served at Korean meals.  I've always wanted to learn how to make banchan dishes but never could find any.

First thing I want to make is...
And this......


Now all I have to do is start translating these recipes and I'm set.

1 comment:

  1. Looks so delicious!! I want me some of that chicken! I've been deprived of Asian food since I came to Spain :( Closest I got to having Asian food is my fried rice. I think I'll have to go to Madrid and hit up a Pho joint at some point.

    ReplyDelete