Visitors


View My Stats

Friday, July 9, 2010

Noday Bang (노래방 Karaoke) Funnies

This is hilarious!!!


This is a clip from Flight of the Conchords that I remember seeing a while ago and when I did see it I laughed hysterically.  Bret does a pretty good job singing the song!  I've gone out with friends to sing at 노래방 (no-day-bang = karaoke rooms) in Boston and get the reference.  They are picking on the old time songs that Koreans sing at 노래방.  Notice how the background is of very random scenes.  This is pretty much exactly what you would see on the karaoke screen, random scenes and the lyrics at the bottom.  The Karaoke rooms are private rooms that are decked out (though the ones in Boston aren't) like so...

I'm looking forward to going to a 노래방 with the teachers and principles that I'll be working with.  Usually they have outings after work called 회식 (hwaye-shik = company dinner) where they all go out to eat and drink 소주 (soju = korean liquor) then go out and sing at a 노래방.  They have English and Korean songs so no one is left out but I'll sing a few Korean songs I know.

Until then, I'll learn some more tunes and maybe post some on the net.



No comments:

Post a Comment