Visitors


View My Stats

Monday, July 5, 2010

My town

New person: Sean where are you from?
Me: New York.
New person: How's the city?
Me: Yeah I don't live in the city.
New person: Well you live in New York city right?
Me:  No, I live in a town where cows out number people.
New person: *stunned look on face * Oh ok.

That usually is the initial conversation I have with most people I meet.  Many people don't realize that there is a huge land mass above NYC that has just as many people as NYC and gets rural, extremely rural.  

So how rural does my small town get.


Here is Main Street where there are about 10 small shops total including a small grocery store, two gas stations and about 5 pizza shops (at least that is how many their use to be).  This is what's called the village.


Less than a mile from the village you start to see lots of green and.....


Lots of farms with.....


all our inhabitants that live near....


our classy housing.  You go a little further into what's considered the city (yes I said city) and you see.....


dirt roads with none other than.....


Amish!!!!

Talk about a time warp to the 1800's in less than 10 minutes all in my quaint little town.  Now some people say to time travel one must consume inordinate amounts of alcohol but I would have to disagree and tell them to run in my town instead.

Last but not least we have angry woodchucks here too...




Hopefully in the next few days I'll find out exactly which town I'll be placed in which will tell me if I'll be in the Korean version of my hometown or not.  I sure hope that it is a bigger town/city.  I don't wanna be stationed in a trailer in the middle of a rice field next to the Korean equivalent of the Amish.

1 comment:

  1. I hope not! But I have a feeling that it's going to be a fairly small town/village. At least it'll be prettier than upstate.

    ReplyDelete